Eau de Web has been developing, ever since the company beginnings, environmental-related projects, gaining thus experience so as to understand the importance of supporting the environment.
In our day-to-day activity, we inevitably impact on the environment, and in the effort to minimize the potential harmful effects of such activity, we have jointly and taken a set of measures to apply standards of environmental management following the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle in all processes, in concordance with current EU standards. By means of the environmental policy, we are committed to achieve long-term positive environmental benefits, to preserve natural resources wherever possible and to create a safe working place, in concordance with our “green values”.
The goals we set and apply in our business activities are:
- reduce direct energy consumption, by means of operating an energy policy (emphasis on low energy electrical equipment, all non-critical switched off when not needed);
- recycle and promote recycling and the use of recycling materials, while reducing consumption of materials (minimize paper use by storing information digitally; utilize duplex printing on copiers and office printers to reduce the paper consumption; only use recycled papers for printing and stationary products; business cards printed on recycled board, to better emphasize the need to recycle; set up a certain recycling circuit of wasted materials – we collect all plastic, paper and glass wasted materials, and have a company pick them up / deliver to recycling centers nearby)
- improve working environment, by promoting a smoking free environment
- reduce the environmental emissions associated with travel, by assuring the followings to all employees:
- Each year, from April to November, make available bicycles for employees who don’t own one, encourage them to use them constantly, provide parking lots;
- Encourage using locally public transport whenever possible, by providing free transportation multi-use month cards for all employees;
- Encourage video-conferences and seek modalities to reduce business travels.
- participate in environment-related activities, outdoor activities and environmentally-aware activities, encouraging and supporting team involvement in different sport-related competitions and outdoor manifestations (such as the participation in marathons)
The Environmental Management is part of our company’s management. All our employees should be able to determine their environmental responsibilities - and employees are encouraged to engage in environmental improvement projects.